Thread: Move Parked Domain to Addon Domain?

Default Move Parked Domain to Addon Domain?

I have a parked domain that auto-redirects to my main domain. I want to change it from Parked to Addon. How does one do this?

I only see the option to remove the parked domain (that scares me). Please help, step by step!

Remove the parked domain and then add it to the add-on domains.
    Unlimited Storage, Unlimited Transfer, Host Unlimited domain names, 1 Free Domain Name
    BlueHost Features | BlueHost Help Desk | Become a BlueHost Affiliate | BlueHost CEO Blog
    (888) 401-4678 | Create a support ticket

Default Thank you!

I was afraid to remove it without proper instruction... but I trust you, moderator :)

Default Parked Domain to Add-ON - Impact any other records

This may be a silly question but I have a parked domain that I want to convert to an add-on and i understand that I need to remove and then add it back. I use a hosted exchange account for this domain and have my MX records pointed appropriately - If I remove this domain as a parked and add back, will it affect my MX records? I'm very sensitive to make sure I don't mess up my hosted exchange account email so I wanted to double check. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirdonamy View Post
    I was afraid to remove it without proper instruction... but I trust you, moderator
    Me too! Thanks moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dustd View Post
    This may be a silly question but I have a parked domain that I want to convert to an add-on and i understand that I need to remove and then add it back. I use a hosted exchange account for this domain and have my MX records pointed appropriately - If I remove this domain as a parked and add back, will it affect my MX records? I'm very sensitive to make sure I don't mess up my hosted exchange account email so I wanted to double check. Thanks
    That depends on where your DNS records are located. If you delete a domain from cPanel, and your cPanel account is also acting as the primary DNS for your domain, then yes, you will have to reconfigure your MX records. If you have all your DNS set up at an independent registrar, then it will not be affected.

The registrar for this particular domain is Bluehost (and that is were I want to add the add-on from parked)- sounds like i may need to contact them as it does sound like i would have to re-setup the MX records if I followed the process of deleting and adding back. Thanks