Thread: php.ini how to make changes take effect

Default php.ini how to make changes take effect

Hi, I changed php.ini file and saved it. How to make the changes take effect?

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

That should be all you have to do.

I set the max file upload parameter from 2M to 5M and tried my script. It still says max allowed limit is 2M. I was confused.. I only have one master ini file in my home directory...

Early Out is offline Former Moderator, Still Respected

You need to have the php.ini in each directory where you're using PHP. Alternatively, I believe you can get away with just one copy of php.ini if you're using fastcgi (see Control Panel / PHP Config).

Thank you.. that worked out...

Question Having the same problem, FastCGI did not make php.ini changes take effect

I'm having the same problem, though enabling the PHP5 (FastCGI) did not make the changes to my php.ini file take effect. The processes that I've done:
    1. Install Default php.ini - I added the default php.ini file to the public_html folder.
    2. Edited (same edit as above, changed max_upload_filesize from 2M to 5M) and saved it.
    3. I renamed "php.ini.default" to "php.ini."
    4. Enabled FastCGI.

I'm sure that the file edits have been saved correctly. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Smile RE: Having the same problem, FastCGI did not make php.ini changes take effect

Please disregard my previous post. It seems to be a caching/timing issue. I just tried uploading a 6 megabyte file from a different computer and I was successful.